- 1 Top 5 Sauna Thermometers Comparison
- 2 Sauna Thermometers Reviews
- 3 How to Choose a Good Thermometer for the Sauna?
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions
Top 5 Sauna Thermometers Comparison
Sauna Thermometers Reviews
Fischer 195-01FThis sauna accessory made by Fisher is, in fact, a thermo-hygrometer. Therefore, you can use it to check both the temperature and the humidity level inside the sauna. It is extremely useful if the sauna has no built-in thermometer or if the existing one doesn’t work properly or doesn’t work at all. Besides the fact that it is very useful, this accessory is very stylish and durable. Last but not least, it is backed by a 2-year warranty.
DesignWith a solid case that increases its lifespan, the thermo-hygrometer is suitable for any type of sauna. Unlike other off-brand accessories, this one is hand-crafted and offers great attention to detail and quality. It weighs 0.8 pounds, so is very lightweight.
- Stainless steel case: for a long-lasting performance.
- 6.3 inches diameter frame: at this size, bot the temperature and humidity are fairly easy to read.
- 0.98 inches thick: the thin design makes it a nice option for all saunas.
FunctionalityDue to the fact that it is a 2-in-1 accessory, this model is highly convenient for sauna owners. You can monitor at once not only the temperature but also the moisture content. This means no extra money spent on 2 separate units.
- 90 to 250 °F temperature range: due to the fact that it is a US version, the temperature degrees are displayed only in Fahrenheit.
- 0 to 60% relative humidity : for a great sauna experience, you can check and control the water vapor in the air .
Fischer Instruments 196TH-03FFischer has managed to deliver the two best products of this kind on the market, being no surprise that the 196TH-03F model features as the second best considering how great its construction is and how accurate are its readings. It can display both the temperature in the sauna room, as well as the relative humidity, which makes it indispensable for those who want to make sure that their relaxation session in the sauna will go perfectly. The hygrometer uses synthetic hair to measure air humidity while the thermometer incorporates a bimeter that monitors both temperature and humidity. It’s made from quality timber wood, and it measures 6 inches in diameter. The temperature that it shows ranges from 90 to 250 degrees Fahrenheit and the relative humidity ranges from 0 to 60%. In addition, it’s covered by a 2-year warranty.
- Well crafted to the smallest detail
- 6-inch diameter frame
- Backed up by a 2-year warranty
The Sauna Place Bucket Bottom 8 3/4″ Diameter FA great quality sauna thermometer that you mustn’t skip on if you want to enjoy truly accurate temperature readings in the sauna is the Sauna Place Bucket Bottom 8 3/4″ Diameter F, a model that comes at the price of $39. It has an exquisite and durable wood construction that makes it indispensable if you want a product that will be by your side for many years to come. It displays the temperature in both Fahrenheit and Celsius, which comes in handy if you live in an area where Celsius degrees are more common. The temperature readings range from 20 degrees Celsius to 160 degrees Celsius and from 0 degrees Fahrenheit to 320 degrees Fahrenheit. The drawback of this unit is that it doesn’t read air humidity, which would be useful for steam saunas. In addition, it comes with a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee.
- Durable and aesthetically pleasant wood construction
- 8.75-inch diameter frame
The Sauna Place Cedar Encased C-FAnother top of the line model that comes from The Sauna Place is the Cedar Encased C-F that you can buy for the extremely low price of $28. It has a lovely design that makes it a great addition to your modern sauna. The cedar case ensures that it will resist for many years so you can rest assured knowing that this is an investment worth making. It displays the temperature both in degrees Fahrenheit and Celsius. Also, the temperature that it displays ranges from 0 degrees Celsius to 120 degrees Celsius, and from 30 degrees Fahrenheit to 250 degrees Fahrenheit. In addition, just like the previous entry on our list, it comes with a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee. A detail that we must mention and that could seem like an inconvenient of this thermometer is the small dial with very small numbers that might be a little hard to read, compared to other units.
- Encased in a cedar frame for a modern design
- Durable and stylish construction
- Cheap price
Dealhola Stainless Steel Case Thermometer HygrometerWe can’t end our top without mentioning this amazing model, a sauna thermometer that is extremely durable due to its stainless steel case and that offers impressively accurate readings. It’s available for purchase for $35 so it’s more pricey but it’s worth the investment. Besides the obvious fact that it shows the temperature in the room, it is capable of showing the relative humidity as well. It measures 5 inches in diameter and 0.8 inches in thickness, and it features a hooking hole that allows you to mount it on the wall with ease. The temperature that it shows ranges from 0 degrees Celsius to 120 degrees Celsius and the relative humidity ranges from 0 to 100%. Best of all, it’s easy to read, meaning that you won’t have any trouble using it.
- Wall mountable
- 5-inch diameter frame
- Weighs only 4.5-ounces
Final ConsiderationsAfter comparing and reviewing the best 5 thermometers on the market it’s time to draw the line and present you the best thermometers with both their advantages and disadvantages. We believe that Fischer 195-01F is the best choice you can make as is versatile and durable. It has a simple yet elegant design and is made by a reliable brand. However, for buying it you will have to pay some extra money. The second place winner is Fischer Instruments 196TH-03F. This particular model has a traditional design and in order to measure air humidity, it uses an innovative method: synthetic hair. However, neither of the models from Fischer doesn’t show the temperatures in Celsius. In case you’re looking for a model with a larger diameter frame we recommend you Sauna Place Bucket Bottom that comes at an affordable price. Unfortunately, this model only shows the temperature and not the humidity.
How to Choose a Good Thermometer for the Sauna?Having a thermometer in the sauna is a must because it’s a matter of safety knowing the level of both temperature and humidity reached inside the sauna. Even if your sauna has its built-in digital controller with a thermometer, it’s useful to have your own unit inside the sauna because the digital controllers of the saunas are usually placed outside and the readings are not very accurate. If your sauna doesn’t include one, it’s up to you to buy a thermometer that will help you monitor the ambiance during your sauna session. Take our advice when looking for a thermometer for your sauna and you will be very pleased with your purchase.
- There are two types of thermometers available on the market, namely digital and analogical. For use in the sauna, we recommend the analogical ones that are more resistant to high temperatures and are not prone to shortcuts.
- If you want to buy only one unit, you should go for a thermometer that measures both temperature and humidity. It’s true that not every model is designed like this and if a thermometer measures only the temperature, it’s not necessarily a poorer unit. However, one that reads both parameters is more useful and practical.
- For increased convenience, the sauna thermometer should display readings in both Celsius and Fahrenheit degrees. This way, you will be able to get the hang of a sauna that displays only Fahrenheit temperatures, in case you live in an area where you use Celsius.
- Buy a thermometer with a large dial so you will clearly see the numbers without having to come close or open the sauna door. A model with a 5 or 6 inches dial will provide perfect visibility.
- Although more of an aesthetic aspect, the material of the housing can also be a matter of durability and resistance to high heat and humidity levels. Therefore, it’s advisable to look for units made of stainless steel or a resistant type of wood like cedar.
- When installing the thermometer, it’s vital that you place it at head level relative to sitting height to enable it to make the proper readings. If you place it too high, it will get very high readings as heat tends to elevate while placing it too low could lead to measuring a low temperature.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where Is the Best Place to Hang the Thermometer?
The best place to hang the thermometer is one or two feet below the ceiling and 4 or 5 feet away from the heaters. Also, you should avoid placing it too close to the sauna door as it may influence the readings.
How Accurate Is a Sauna Thermometer?
The top-rated sauna thermometers are highly accurate. Of course, their accuracy can be influenced by many factors, including the place where you hang them.
How Easy Is to Use a Thermometer?
There’s nothing complicated in using a sauna thermometer, you just have to hang it properly and let it measure the temperature. For more convenience, when you buy a sauna thermometer you will also receive the instructions for use.