The two most important things when using the sauna are safety and comfort. For these two elements to be just perfect and to ensure the most pleasurable experience possible during the sauna session, it’s mandatory that you keep a close eye on the temperature inside the room. This is the reason why we have conducted the proper research in order to find the 5 best-rated sauna thermometers on the market, offering you the possibility to be certain that the model you buy is of a truly great quality and that it will be as accurate as possible.
- 1 Top 5 Sauna Thermometers Comparison
- 2 Sauna Thermometers Reviews
- 3 How to Choose a Good Thermometer for the Sauna
Top 5 Sauna Thermometers Comparison
Sauna Thermometers Reviews
Fischer 195-01F ReviewIt just doesn’t get any better than the Fischer 195-01F when it comes to thermometers for the sauna, this high-end model not only boasting an impressive accuracy but having a durable stainless steel case that ensures it will be by your side for years to come. It is, by far, the most qualitative product that costs $89 and for good reason. It’s a hand-crafted model that is made in Germany with the highest attention to the finest detail. It shows what the temperature in the sauna room is, ranging from 90 degrees Fahrenheit to 250 degrees Fahrenheit. Unluckily, it doesn’t show the temperature in Celsius as well but that shouldn’t be a problem. Best of all, it doubles as a hygrometer as well, showing the relative humidity in this space from 0 to 60%. When it comes to design, it has a 6.3-inch diameter and a 0.98-inch depth, being very lightweight and compact. In addition, it’s backed up by a generous 2-year warranty.
- Hand-crafted product of a high quality
- 6.3-inch diameter frame
- Comes with a 2-year warranty
Fischer Instruments 196TH-03F ReviewFischer has managed to deliver the two best products of this kind on the market, being no surprise that the 196TH-03F model features as the second best considering how great its construction is and how accurate are its readings. It can display both the temperature in the sauna room, as well as the relative humidity, which makes it indispensable for those who want to make sure that their relaxation session in the sauna will go perfectly. The hygrometer uses synthetic hair to measure air humidity while the thermometer incorporates a bimeter that monitors both temperature and humidity. It’s made from quality timber wood, and it measures 6 inches in diameter. The temperature that it shows ranges from 90 degrees Fahrenheit to 250 degrees Fahrenheit and the relative humidity ranges from 0 to 60%. In addition, it’s covered by a 2-year warranty.
- Well crafted to the smallest detail
- 6-inch diameter frame
- Backed up by a 2-year warranty
The Sauna Place Bucket Bottom 8 3/4″ Diameter F ReviewA great quality sauna thermometer that you mustn’t skip on if you want to enjoy truly accurate temperature readings in the sauna is The Sauna Place Bucket Bottom 8 3/4″ Diameter F, a model that comes at the price of $39. It has an exquisite and durable wood construction that makes it indispensable if you want a product that will be by your side for many years to come. It displays the temperature in both degrees Fahrenheit and Celsius, which comes in handy if you live in an area where Celsius degrees are more common. The temperature readings range from 20 degrees Celsius to 160 degrees Celsius and from 0 degrees Fahrenheit to 320 degrees Fahrenheit. The drawback of this unit is that it doesn’t read air humidity, which would be useful for steam saunas. In addition, it comes with a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee.
- Durable and aesthetically pleasant wood construction
- 8.75-inch diameter frame
The Sauna Place Cedar Encased C-F ReviewAnother top of the line model that comes from The Sauna Place is the Cedar Encased C-F that you can buy for the extremely low price of $28. It has a lovely design that makes it a great addition to your modern sauna. The cedar case ensures that it will resist for many years so you can rest assured knowing that this is an investment worth making. It displays the temperature both in degrees Fahrenheit and Celsius. Also, the temperature that it displays ranges from 0 degrees Celsius to 120 degrees Celsius, and from 30 degrees Fahrenheit to 250 degrees Fahrenheit. In addition, just like the previous entry on our list, it comes with a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee. A detail that we must mention and that could seem like an inconvenient of this thermometer is the small dial with very small numbers that might be a little hard to read, compared to other units.
- Encased in a cedar frame for a modern design
- Durable and stylish construction
- Cheap price
Dealhola Stainless Steel Case Thermometer Hygrometer ReviewWe can’t end our top without mentioning this amazing model, a sauna thermometer that is extremely durable due to its stainless steel case and that offers impressively accurate readings. It’s available for purchase for $35 so it’s more pricey but it’s worth the investment. Besides the obvious fact that it shows the temperature in the room, it is capable of showing the relative humidity as well. It measures 5 inches in diameter and 0.8 inches in thickness, and it features a hooking hole that allows you to mount it on the wall with ease. The temperature that it shows ranges from 0 degrees Celsius to 120 degrees Celsius and the relative humidity ranges from 0 to 100%. Best of all, it’s easy to read, meaning that you won’t have any trouble using it.
- Wall mountable
- 5-inch diameter frame
- Weighs only 4.5-ounces
How to Choose a Good Thermometer for the SaunaHaving a thermometer in the sauna is a must because it’s a matter of safety knowing the level of both temperature and humidity reached inside the sauna. Even if your sauna has its built-in digital controller with a thermometer, it’s useful to have your own unit inside the sauna because the digital controllers of the saunas are usually placed outside and the readings are not very accurate. If your sauna doesn’t include one, it’s up to you to buy a thermometer that will help you monitor the ambiance during your sauna session. Take our advice when looking for a thermometer for your sauna and you will be very pleased with your purchase.
- There are two types of thermometers available on the market, namely digital and analogical. For use in the sauna, we recommend the analogical ones that are more resistant to high temperatures and are not prone to shortcuts.
- If you want to buy only one unit, you should go for a thermometer that measures both temperature and humidity. It’s true that not every model is designed like this and if a thermometer measures only the temperature, it’s not necessarily a poorer unit. However, one that reads both parameters is more useful and practical.
- For increased convenience, the sauna thermometer should display readings in both Celsius and Fahrenheit degrees. This way, you will be able to get the hang of a sauna that displays only Fahrenheit temperatures, in case you live in an area where you use Celsius.
- Buy a thermometer with a large dial so you will clearly see the numbers without having to come close or open the sauna door. A model with a 5 or 6 inches dial will provide perfect visibility.
- Although more of an aesthetic aspect, the material of the housing can also be a matter of durability and resistance to high heat and humidity levels. Therefore, it’s advisable to look for units made of stainless steel or a resistant type of unit like cedar.
- When installing the thermometer, it’s vital that you place it at head level relative to sitting height to enable it to make the proper readings. If you place it too high, it will get very high readings as heat tends to elevate while placing it too low could lead to measuring a low temperature.